News & Media
PDPW Human Resources Workshop Scheduled for Dec. 12
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Shelly Mayer
Full Media Package is available (i.e. flyer, press release, photos, etc.)
Review Flyer: Program Flyer
Review Press Release: Program Press Release
Photos/Logos: Program Photos/Logos
Conference Focused on Hiring, Training and Engaging Employees for Top Performance
DAIRY NEWS – For many dairy farms, managing employees on their farms presents a greater challenge than managing the cows in their herd. Ensuring that farms are hiring, training and engaging the best employees is the focus of the PDPW Human Resources Workshop presented by Professional Dairy Producers® (PDPW).
The one-day conference will be held on Wed., Dec. 12 at Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells, Wis., from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 pm. In addition to sessions that address managing employees, presenters will also share insights on maintaining the physical and mental health of both managers and employee teams.
Facilitators for the day-long workshop will include:
- Trevina Broussard, a talent consultant and trainer with Frontline Success Training and Consulting
- John Shutske, professor and cooperative extension specialist at the UW-Madison Department of Biological Systems Engineering
- Rhonda Strebel, executive director of the Rural Health Initiative
Broussard will present two general session. “Hire right: Spot eagles among turkeys,” will provide tips, techniques and tools to take the guesswork out of hiring top-notch employees, and “Creating a contagious culture of caring” will share five steps to generate a culture of caring that will reduce employee turnover and create a highly engaged and motivated workforce.
Each participant will also attend three one-hour breakout sessions, including:
- “Thrive in a multi-generational, multi-personality workplace” presented by Broussard, which will explore ways to make the most of a workplace with multiple generations and personality types.
- “Navigating the roadways of stress” presented by Shutske, will share the basics of everyday and acute stress, and how long-term stress can create a cycle of chronic stress, and its impacts on decision-making, health and more.
- “Protect yourself from head to toe” presented by Strebel, will provide the tools to implement a workplace wellness program to prevent injuries on your dairy farm.
To learn more about the Human Resources Workshop and to register, visit www.pdpw.org or contact PDPW at 1-800-947-7379. Follow along digitally in advance of and during the event by following @dairyPDPW and using #DairyHR2018 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
The Human Resources Workshop is an accredited training and offers up to 6 Dairy AdvanCE continuing education units (CEUs) for each day. To learn more or secure credits, visit www.DairyAdvance.org. Up to 6 non-scientific CEU Credits are available to UW-School of Veterinary medicine (UW-SVM).
Professional Dairy Producers (PDPW) is the nation's largest dairy producer-led organization of its kind, focusing on producer professionalism, stakeholder engagement and unified outreach to share ideas, solutions, resources and experiences that help dairy producers succeed.