DescriptionDairy Managers Institute® will equip today's dairy managers with the skills needed to become effective team leaders. Join us in December 2024 for an intensive management-development program for dairy managers on the farm or in agribusiness.
Each attendee will select one tier to complete.
*All three tiers will include simultaneous Spanish translation.
In tier one, Dr. Becky Stewart-Gross will set the stage for leadership success. Over two days, participants will learn the fundamentals of leadership and practical strategies for managing change through various activities. By the end of this program, attendees will walk away with the understanding of how:
- change impacts themselves and those around them
- to recognize the differences between the skills of a manager and those of a leader — and when to use which
- to implement change more effectively
Michael Hoffman will bring his bold energy and enthusiasm to tier two. During this tier, participants will discover the art of coaching by building on concepts taught in tier one. Michael will revolutionize attendees' thoughts on managing others through:
- learning to determine how to create a greater sense of ownership and involvement, generate buy-in and build commitment to an action plan
- understanding and delivering meaningful feedback
- identifying the personal and practical needs within a coaching interaction
In tier three, trainers Dr. Kevin Bernhardt, PhD, and Linda Swindling will help participants master financials and negotiations while sharpening their business acumen. While not every dairy manager will be the financial expert on the farm or will make large-scale negotiations, it is important to have a firm grasp on the basics and know which factors tie into the big picture. During this tier, attendees can look forward to learning:
- different negotiation styles and how to leverage them in discussions
- your dairy’s break-even mark and understanding how to calculate a cost-benefit
- when to walk away and when to compromise
For additional information call PDPW at 800-947-7379 or email at email@example.com.
Training SessionsThis training is accredited and approved for continuing education (CE) credits in the amount of:
- Up to 14.0 CEs in Dairy AdvanCE (DACE) for tier one
- Up to 14.0 CEs in Dairy AdvanCE (DACE) for tier two
- Up to 14.0 CEs in Dairy AdvanCE (DACE) for tier three