Dec. 20-21, 2022 Location
Wisconsin Dells, WIPrice
$600 members; $775 non-members; $500 each add'l member from same farm.
DescriptionDairy Managers Insitutue® will equip today's dairy managers with the skills needed to become effective team leaders. Join us on December 20-21, 2022, at Kalahari Resorts, Wisconsin Dells, Wis., for an intensive management-development program for dairy managers - on the farm or in agribusiness.
Each attendee will select one tier to complete.
tier one: includes simultaneous Spanish translation
In tier one, Dr. Becky Stewart-Gross will set the stage for leadership success. Over two days, participants will learn the fundamentals of leadership and practical strategies for managing change through various activities. By the end of this program, attendees will walk away with the understanding of how:
- change impacts themselves and those around them
- to recognize the differences between the skills of a manager and those of a leader — and when to use which
- to implement change more effectively
tier two: includes simultaneous Spanish translation
Micheal Hoffman will bring his bold energy and enthusiasm to tier two. During this tier, participants will discover the art of coaching by building on concepts taught in tier one. Michael will revolutionize attendees' thoughts on managing others through:
- determine how to create a greater sense of ownership and involvement, generate buy-in and build commitment to an action plan
- understand and deliver meaningful feedback
- identify the personal and practical needs within a coaching interaction
In tier three, trainers Dr. Kevin Berhnardt and Linda Swindling will help participants master financials and negotiations while sharpening their business acumen. While not every dairy manager will be the financial expert on the farm or be making large-scale negotiations, it is important to have a firm grasp on the basics and know which factors tie into the big picture. During this tier, attendees can low forward to learning:
- explore different negotiation styles and how to leverage them in discussions
- learn your dairy’s break-even mark and understand how to calculate a cost-benefit
- recognize when to walk away and when to compromise
For additional information call PDPW at 800-947-7379 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meeting LocationsDecember 20-21, 2022
1305 Kalahari Drive
Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965
Registration cost includes program materials and meals. Lodging is not included.
Book with the PDPW hotel block to save money on your stay.
Training SessionsThis training is accredited and approved for continuing education (CE) credits in the amount of:
- Up to 14.0 CEs in Dairy AdvanCE (DACE) for tier one
- Up to 14.0 CEs in Dairy AdvanCE (DACE) for tier two
- Up to 14.0 CEs in Dairy AdvanCE (DACE) for tier three