Oct. 30 & 31, 2019 Location
Arlington & Marshfield, Wis.Price
$125/PDPW Member, $250/non-member ($75 for each add'l farm employee)
The PDPW Herdsperson Workshop is the place to be if you're a dairy owner, herd manager, nutritionist, veterinarian or a mid-manager making key herd-health and management decisions on a dairy. The conference will be held Oct. 30 in Arlington, Wis. and again Oct. 31 in Marshfield, Wis. from 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Learn from Drs. Laura Hernandez, DVM, of UW-Madison, Mike Hutjens of University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, and Marcia Endres, DVM, of University of Minnesota. Key learnings will include:
- Screening and treating techniques when considering oral calcium treatments for transition cows
- Feed-inventory strategies following a tough growing season
- Animal-welfare protocols, reporting and other management strategies
- Break-out sessions involving udder dissections, looking at the milk check from the perspective of energy corrected milk, and consumer concerns regarding animal care
Meeting LocationsWed., Oct. 30, 2019
Arlington Agricultural Research Station,
Public Events Building
N695 Hopkins Rd., Arlington, Wis.
Thu., Oct. 31, 2019
Marshfield Agricultural Research Station,
2611 Yellowstone Dr.,
Training SessionsThis training is accredited and approved for continuing education (CE) credits in the amount of:
- Up to 4.5 CEs in Dairy AdvanCE (DACE)
- Up to 5.5 CEs in UW-School of Veterinary Medicine (UW-SVM)
- Up to 5.0 CEs in American Registry of Professional Scientists (ARPAS) members.