ACE Education Seminar: “Wisconsin Leaders: Facing Change, Challenge and Opportunities”
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Shelly Mayer
Full Media Package is available (i.e. flyer, press release, photos, etc.)
Review Flyer: Meeting Flyer
Review Press Release: Meeting Press Release
Photos/Logos: Training Photos/Logos
PDPW, Wisconsin Towns Association, Wisconsin Counties Association host 2018 ACE Education Seminar, Feb. 20
DAIRY NEWS – Community and business leaders, elected officials and dairy and livestock farmers from across Wisconsin will come together on Tues., Feb. 20, at the 2018 Agricultural Community Engagement® (ACE) Education Seminar to share ideas and solutions to help communities grow and prosper in 2018 and beyond.
The Professional Dairy Producers® (PDPW), Wisconsin Counties Association (WCA) and Wisconsin Towns Association (WTA) will host the meeting as part of the ACE partnership. The meeting will be held at the Holiday Inn Convention Center in Stevens Point, Wis., from 9:15 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
The “Wisconsin Leaders: Facing Change, Challenge and Opportunities” themed program features leading speakers from Wisconsin education, government and agriculture sectors that will challenge meeting attendees to think proactively to address economic headwinds and take advantage of growth potential in local communities.
Presentations will include:
- “Research and Education: Where World Class Begins” – Learn from Ray Cross, President of the UW System, about the role of the University of Wisconsin System in our state and beyond. He’ll address the proposed changes to consolidate the System’s two-year colleges with nearby four-year UW schools.
- “2018: Trends, Economics, Agricultural Prices” – Review the 2017 markets and the outlook for 2018 as Mark Stephenson, Director of Dairy Policy Analysis at UW Madison, shares how dairy farmers are responding to lower prices with a variety of actions from efficiencies to diversification.
- “Planning and Zoning for Growth, Change and the Future” – Understand how Ag Enterprise Areas can help communities plan, prepare and welcome future growth and revenue, presented by Natalie Cotter, AEA Program Manager, Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection, and John Kappelman, former dairy farmer and active community leader.
- “Local Fiscal Stress and Property Values” – Led by Valeah Foy, Bureau Director at Wisconsin Department of Revenue, review the facts and trends behind fiscal challenges for local governments and the potential impact on public services and attracting new businesses and employers.
- “Dairying in Wisconsin: Pride, Passion and Potential” – Hear from farm families Melissa and Travis Marti from Vesper, Wis., and Stephanie and Alan Hughes from Pittsville, Wis., about their business, challenges and opportunities, and their future plans in dairying.
To learn more about the ACE Education Seminar and to register, visit www.pdpw.org or contact PDPW at 1-800-947-7379 or follow along digitally using #PDPWACE2018 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Professional Dairy Producers (PDPW) is the nation’s largest dairy producer-led, grassroots organization of its kind, focusing on education, networking and professional development to shares ideas, solutions, resources and experiences that help dairy producers succeed.